Greencup products sit at the top of the Waste Hierachy; a set of guidelines used by environmental and government agencies including Defra to rank waste management options according to what is best for the environment.
Aiming to prevent waste in the first place.
One of the main priorities for companies should be to prevent waste in the first place. After this, re-use then recycling should be prioritised, then recovery and last of all disposal.
At Greencup we want to encourage customers to ‘Say No To Single Use’ by using our Greencups again and again.
Reusable and 100% recyclable
We work with a recycling company who turn any cups which can no longer be used into useful items such as coat hangers and try to ensure that the end-user knows that our cups are not only reusable, but 100% recyclable too.
Our generic cups are designed to suit any event and as they are used at multiple events across the country over the year. Adding our generic cups to support your own designs reduces the number of new products produced and increases the number of cups reused at events.
Greencup products are designed to last for 100s of uses, unlike the disposable alternatives. They can be washed, dried and reused and at the end of their lives are 100% recyclable so need never end up in landfill sites.
How we address sustainability
- Treat plastic as a reusable commodity.
- Meet standards of low carbon usage and waste reduction.
- Choosing reusable rather than disposable products.
- Stop plastic going into landfills where it takes thousands of years to biodegrade.
- Helping organisations and events lower their carbon footprint and preserving our planet for future generations.
- All our cups are recycled into useful objects such as ice scrapers and coat hangers at the end of their life.